IC-M1 - Handheld VHF Marine Transceiver
Handheld VHF marine transceiver
RX/TX: all USA, Canadian and international marine channels
RX only: 10 weather channels
Output power: 5 W
Receiver sensitivity: less than 0.35 µV (FM, 12 dB SINAD)
- Usable channels: U.S.A., Canadian, International, Weather
- Mode: FM (16K0G3E)
- Channel spacing: 25 kHz
- Current drain (with BP-185): 1.8 A max. (Tx at 5 W output), 0.8 A (Tx at 1 W output), 300 mA (Rx at max. audio), 13 mA (typ.; power saved)
- Acceptable battery packs: BP-185 or BP-186
- Usable temperature range: -20°C to +60°C; -4°F to +140°F
- Frequency stability (-20°C to +60°C): +/-0.001%
- Dimension (projections not included): 52.5(W) x 129(H) x 30(D) mm; 2-1/16(W) x 5-3/32(H) x 1-3/16(D) in
- Weight (w/BP-185): 280 g; 9.9 oz.
- Antenna impedance: 50 ohms (Unbalanced)
- Supplied battery pack: BP-185
- Scan functions: Normal and priority
- Voice scrambler: Optional
- Output power (at 8.4 V): 5 W, 1 W and 0.15 W (refer to version list)
- Hum and noise: Better than 40 dB down
- Spurious emissions: Less than -65 dB
- Maximum frequency deviation: +/-5.0 kHz
- Sensitivity: Less than 0.35 µV (for 12 dB SINAD)
- Squelch sensitivity (adjustable): Up to 23 dB SINAD
- Intermodulation rejection: More than 70 dB
- Adjacent channel selectivity: More than 70 dB
- Spurious response rejection: More than 70 dB
- Audio output power: More than 400 mW at 5% distortion with an 8 ohm load
- Specifications for the IC-M1 are measured in accordance with EIA-152C & EIA-204D(E) and ETS300 162, respectively.
- Battery pack (BP-185)
- Battery charger (AD-58) (BC-122A below required for charging)
- AC adapter (BC-122A)
- Flexible antenna (FA-S57V)
- Belt clip
- Operating manual
- BP-185 BATTERY PACK: Voltage capacity, 8.4 V, 400 mAh; 5.0 W output power; height 129 mm, 5-3/32 in; Approx. operating time: high, 4 h; 1 W, 8 hr.; 150 mW, 13 hr.
- BP-186 BATTERY PACK: Voltage capacity, 7.2 V, 1050 mAh; 4.5 W output power; height 159 mm, 6-1/4 in; Approx. operating time: high, 10.5 h; 1 W, 21 hr.; 150 mW, 34 hr. Operating times are measured under the following conditions: Tx: Rx: Standby (power saved) = 5:5:90
- AD-58 BATTERY CHARGER+BC-122A AC ADAPTER: Wall mount. For regular charging. Charging time: 15 hours.
- BC-119 DESKTOP CHARGER+AD-69 DESKTOP CHARGER ADAPTER: For rapid charging of battery packs. Charging time: 1 to 1.5 hours. An AC adapter is supplied with the charger.
- CP-17L CIGARETTE LIGHTER CABLE or OPC-515L DC POWER CABLE: For use with a battery charger (or desktop charger) instead of an AC adapter.
- UT-98 VOICE SCRAMBLER UNIT: Enables private communications by scrambling your voice signals. Not available in some countries.