ICOM LIMITED WARRANTY
Icom Incorporated is proud of its advanced technology and the high quality of workmanship and components included in the production of every product.
Icom Canada, the authorized Icom Distributor, warrants this Icom product within Canada to be free from defects in material or workmanship for the applicable period indicated below:
Receivers: one (1) year from the date of purchase (excluding accessories) from a Canadian authorized Icom Dealer.
Aviation and Marine Radios: three (3) years from the date of purchase (excluding accessories) from a Canadian authorized Icom Dealer.
All Other Radios: two (2) years from the date of purchase (excluding accessories) from a Canadian authorized Icom Dealer.
One (1) year from the date of purchase, from a Canadian authorized Icom Dealer (i.e. battery, antenna, battery chargers etc.).
Icom Canada will, at its discretion, and subject to the terms and conditions stated below, repair or replace any goods or component parts which after examination are found to be defective. The above stated warranty is for the original owner. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE PERIOD OF TIME SET FORTH ABOVE. ICOM CANADA SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. In the event of a dispute, this warranty shall be construed and enforced according to the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada. In the event of a lawsuit concerning the terms and conditions or applicability of the Warranty, all litigation must be commenced in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and the owner agrees to this venue. The prevailing party in any litigation may be entitled to reasonable legal fees and disbursements as awarded by the court. This is the only express warranty applicable and Icom Canada neither assumes nor authorizes anyone to assume for it any express warranty.
Unless otherwise expressly provided, any fault arising from defective workmanship or material shall be rectified by Icom where the equipment is returned freight prepaid to:
Icom, Service Dept.
#150 – 6165 Hwy 17
Delta, BC V4K 5B8
This warranty shall not apply:
- To an Icom Product which has failed due to improper installation, misuse, accident, alteration or unauthorized repair or modification.
- If any serial number or identification plate attached to the goods has been altered, rendered illegible, or removed.
- If the goods have been damaged by corrosion, deterioration or the like contributed to abnormal temperatures; the influence of foreign matter or energy or physical or chemical properties of water, steam or chemical compounds.
- To any Icom product not originally supplied by Icom Canada to an authorized Dealer of Icom Canada.
Please check with us if you believe an Icom product is being offered for sale that has been sourced from other than Icom Canada.
WARRANTY SERVICE INSTRUCTIONS
- If you are experiencing difficulty with your Icom equipment, return it to Icom Canada preferable in the original carton, without accessories and include a brief explanation of the difficulty you are experiencing. Although we take the utmost care, Icom Canada shall assume no liability for the loss or safe return of an accessory item.
- Include accessories only if your specific situation indicates an accessory-related difficulty exists. It is important to itemize these accessories on the note of explanation.
- If the requested repairs or service are within the terms of the warranty, your equipment will be repaired and returned prepaid to any designated point within Canada. The freight carrier is at the option of Icom Canada.
- If the requested repairs or service are not within the terms of warranty or if you fail to provide acceptable evidence of the date of purchase you will be contacted with a quote to repair your equipment. Return freight will be charged in this instance.
- All equipment returned under warranty must be freight prepaid. Freight collect packages will not be accepted.